Sunday, June 17, 2007

Count down starting

Hello all. In 33 days I will be flying from Vancouver to Chicago. All the past conferences I had to fly 12+ hours or more so this will be short in comparison. It will also mean the first time flying on my own in years - my last flight was when we left Hong Kong in July 2004. There were 6 of us then, 12 suitcases, 6 carryons !!! This time I am bringing a lot less but am bound to return with a suitcase laden down with wonderful memories.
My baby Xayla turned 8 years old last week. She still remembers the San Fransisco conference because my Mom was able to come from Vancouver and look after her while I went to the sessions. May and June are always busy months because there are 3 birthdays .... down to the last one next week. Max turns 16!!! It seems like yesterday that I was a new nursing mom.
Just the other day I was sent a list of all the attendees coming from Asia. There are nearly 30 women plus family members. It is going to be so exciting to meet old friends and make new ones.
I can't wait to meet my two roomies. Still undecided as to how I will get from the airport to the hotel but there seem to be a lot of options.
More later .......Judi

No comments: